Your child’s education starts on the day he/she is born. Research consistently shows that what is learned, and what is not learned, during the first few years of a child’s life has a major impact on his/her on-going success. We can help your child excel with our Preschool tutoring and early learning programs.
By the age of 5 your child will be expected to have mastered skills in areas such as:
- good speech and listening skills
- initial phonics and spelling skills
- initial maths skills
- physical skills such as dressing, gross motor skills such as running, jumping and catching, fine motor skills such as cutting and drawing
- social skills such as cooperation and following instructions
- emotional resilience and independence
As you can see in the diagram, your child will find it difficult to progress through the stages of development when previous stages have not been mastered. For example, a child who cannot read larger numbers accurately will have difficulty learning how to do addition and multiplication.
You will also notice that skills can be organised into various (vertical) strands corresponding to various mental, language, emotional and social areas of their lives. Development of skills in a particular strand often rely on skills in other strands, so weaknesses in one area can impact on progress in other areas.
- will not be able to relate effectively with peers and teachers,
- so the child won’t be able to play a game being used to teach reading skills,
- as a result the child will not progress with reading and language skills.
- This will impact on most other areas and may cause serious emotional difficulties.
Ensure your child has all the skills necessary to achieve success on the first day of Preschool. Contact us now to discuss how we can help.
Talk to a Specialist Educator by phone or online to find out how we can help your Preschool child prepare for a strong start at school.