Tutoring: Adelaide or Online
Do any of these comments sound familiar?
- ‘My child gets angry when we do work together – I don’t know what to do.’
- ‘Why is it my job to teach my child? I don’t know how to help with the reading and other homework – the school approach isn’t clear to me.’
- ‘I feel the teachers, and other professionals think my expectations are too high. I find it hard to talk to them.’
- ‘I have tried so hard to do everything they tell me – but things are just getting worse.’
We provide support for you and your family, whenever and wherever you need it!
Chris Brooks and Dr Amanda Abbott, our two highly experienced tutors (Adelaide based) provide individual tuition at our office, or online tutoring in your home, anywhere in the world.
We chose the name of High Performance Learning because we provide struggling students with the specific Learning and language skills they need, so they can break free of their difficulties, and become High Performers at school and in life. In particular:
- We treat specific learning and emotional difficulties such as dyslexia, auditory processing disorder, concentration problems, stress management, and other special needs.
- We fix basic educational problems such as speech, listening, reading, writing, phonics, comprehension and maths.
- Once students overcome their basic learning difficulties we teach them high powered study and exam skills for all English, Maths, Science and Humanities subjects
Why Our Programs Are So Successful
We use the latest research-based techniques. Neuro-science has taught us a lot about how brains operate over the last 30 years. Applying this knowledge to education and learning enables us all to be much better teachers and learners.
- For example, when neuro-scientists scan people’s brains while they are reading, they find that good readers integrate the visual and auditory parts of their brains much more than poor readers and people with dyslexia. By teaching young children and poor readers how to integrate the visual, auditory and speech parts of the brain better, we can make massive improvements in their language skills.
The good news is that our brains can be rewired – this is what we mean by the term ‘brain plasticity’. When we learn something new we have made changes to the way our brain is wired – we have made new connections between our brain cells (neurons). When we forget something, our brain has removed some of the connections between the neurons.
- At High Performance Learning we help people who are struggling with their learning, by teaching them in ways that help them rewire their brains so that the different parts of their brains become more connected and integrated.
We teach people at all levels of their education how to overcome their difficulties and excel at their education:
- Pre-School and Early Learning
- Primary School
- Middle School
- Senior High School and College
- University and Career Coaching
Our Educational and Tutoring Services
Free 15 Minute Diagnostic Consultation:
Before you consider working with us, we invite you to discuss your concerns about your child with us (Chris or Amanda, our Specialist Educators). Give us a call now on (08) 8370 0110 or contact us ONLINE. We look forward to talking to you.
Full Diagnostic Educational Assessment:
Before planning a program to overcome educational and learning difficulties we provide a full Diagnostic Educational Assessment of the student’s thinking, learning, speech, listening, reading, spelling, writing, maths, study, emotional and social skills – this enables us to target the real causes of learning problems.
Personalised One-to-One Tutoring:
Tuition to address your child’s specific issues, either online or at our Adelaide office. Individual tuition is more effective in the long term because we can sort out issues that are difficult to deal with in a classroom situation. Also, we involve you in the program so we can give you skills to develop the relationship you want with your child.
Why We Do What We DoChris Brooks: ‘I was educated in the 1950s when Australia had a great shortage of trained teachers. I struggled terribly with my learning when I was young – particularly with learning to read. I had a great Maths teacher in Grades 7 and 8 who taught me how to learn Maths but I was handicapped by poor reading and spelling right through High School and University.
When I eventually learned how to read at the age of 25, I couldn’t understand why no one had taught me what to do before – it wasn’t so hard!
When I got over my anger about so many years of unnecessary struggle I decided to dedicate my life to helping other people who are struggling with their learning so they can achieve high levels of performance and reach their full potential.’
I had nearly given up when I heard about Mr Fix-it (Chris Brooks) at High Performance Learning. At the time, the name High Performance Learning sounded too good to be true, but I was so desperate to help my children that I was prepared to try anything.
Chris taught us in an easy step-by-step way, always teaching us how to learn as we went. I was amazed at the improvements my children made.
Even though I was a highly educated professional myself, I was even more amazed at the improvements in my own learning and language skills in the process of working with my children. I was so inspired that I wanted everyone to be able to experience this life-changing program that makes learning so much easier. So, I left my career as a Senior Research Scientist working on 3D imaging of skulls and brains at the renowned Australian Cranio-Facial Unit at the Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital – I went back to University and got a degree in Education and a lot of teacher-training and mentoring from Chris. I have been working here at High Performance Learning as a Specialist Educator ever since. I’m still working with brains, but now I help re-program them, to the delight of our clients!’
Get Ongoing Help With Parenting and Education
We provide articles containing expert educational advice and information on a wide range of topics. Visit our Articles Page, or search by keyword in the Search Box at the top of this page. If you can’t find what you need, you can ask us a question and we will endeavour to provide the information you require.
On our Facebook page we provide you with high quality educational articles and activities suitable for children of all ages. Many of the articles are timeless so they won’t go out of date. So, if you are looking for something interesting to do with your child on a rainy day, browse our Facebook page and you are sure to find plenty to do.
Our Adelaide office is conveniently located at:
24 Wonoka Street,
Eden Hills, Adelaide,
South Australia 5050